27 December 2005

Reporting for Duty, Sir.

I met my new Security Officer today, Ensign Chekov. This is one warped dude. What the hell is a "Wussian"? And when did someone from Moscow invent everything in the known universe?

I will say this for him, he takes his security detail seriously. He showed me the designs he drew up for a new type of phaser-proof vest. Impressive. I didn't tell him, but I think it will be too heavy for any of the known races in Starfleet. Maybe someone will create an android to wear it...nah. Nevermind.

Anyway, I haven't met the Captain yet. Chekov told me it would be a few days before my 'welcome aboard' visit. I hope that means he won't know to ask for me on any away missions.

I get to meet the ship's doctor tomorrow. Dr. McCoy wants to do a complete physical before I actually stand a watch or join any away missions. I wonder if that means i'm safe for awhile. Maybe if I put off the physical then Kirk can't take me on any away missions, and therefore won't get me killed? Wishful thinking I know. I heard that Kirk is so efficient at killing red shirts, that he took the Enterprise back in time to kill one's great great great great grandfather. Now that is dedication to one's hobby.

I wonder if Chekov needs any help with that phaser-proof vest....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the phaser proof vest from the comic book written by peter david?

04:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was Checkov the security officer? I thought he was just the weapons officer?

04:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I thought I was the only person who read that comic. Peter david is a genius.

04:22  
Blogger Chief Powers said...

anon 1 -- yeah that is the same vest.

08:08  
Blogger Chief Powers said...

anon 2 -- i was under the impression that the security officer and weps are one and the same unless specifically announced otherwise

08:09  
Blogger Chief Powers said...

jimmy -- nope i love his writing style... i wanna see him write a star wars novel.

08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home